Friday, February 15, 2013

Such a romantic Valentine's Day...

Not really.  First let me start by saying, I am not a fan of Valentine's Day.  I don't see the point in it, but I do think its fun for kids.  So needless to say I informed Nick that we won't do lavish gifts or flowers and we will just do cards and he can make me a steak dinner.  So that's what we planned....then I caught a bug, and I'm pretty sure it was from one of my patients. 
I had severe stomach cramps Tuesday night into Wednesday and just figured it was something I ate.  Thursday morning (Valentine's Day) I woke up feeling better, stomach a little happier so I figured "sweet" this will be a good day.  Nick decided to get up with me and he made me an omelet which I thought was so nice.  How awesome to have someone cook a breakfast for you before heading off to work!!!  I took three bites and my tummy started rolling.  Nick had to finish the omelet for me and I felt really bad for him, to make the effort and then I have to decline it.
Anyway, off to work where I continued to feel like crap until about noon, then a patient gave us candy and I thought "hey, I'm feeling better, why not eat a bag of peanut M&M's".  Seems logical.  Well, the afternoon was fine and I came home thinking I was over the stomach craps.  Nick had cleaned the house and steaks were on the grill when I pulled up.  Everything looked amazing and smelled so good.  So we shared our cards and sat down to eat....I had four bites of steak and regretted it for the rest of the night.
I don't know if you want to label it as Norovirus or not, but no matter what you call it, you DON'T want it.  I am not exaggerating when I say I spent an hour on the toilet at one point.  Also, I'm pretty sure you shouldn't have four Imodium in a two hour time frame, but screw it!  I was desperate.  So our Valentines evening ended with a kiss and Nick going to bed and me telling him I'm staying on the couch...one because I was afraid to fall asleep and shit my pants....two I didn't want to wake him up every time I went to the bathroom.
Needless to say I called in sick to work today.  I feel really bad, I hate leaving coworkers high and dry, but an hour commute was not going to happen.  It is now 12:30pm and so far my stomach likes water!!! yay!
On a lighter note....I'm down 4 lbs since Tuesday.  Not really something to brag about at this point since its unrelated to diet and exercise, but I had to give my weekly update!

No comments:

Post a Comment