Well this weekend was Father's Day weekend, so of course we asked Mom and Dad out for a dinner to celebrate Dad!! We had a really good time. Nick grilled burgers and we also had a pasta salad, ranch potatoes, fruit with delicious fruit dip and rice krispie avalanche bars. It was a really good meal, perfect for the summer heat!
I think Mom and Dad really enjoyed the day because their AC went out at the house, so at least they were somewhere cool with good food. They were also kind enough to bring us their old pool. Its a perfectly good pool, they just decided to upgrade this year so we got a freebie!! We filled it up and had to turn it into true trailer trash by putting a fence panel around it so our stupid dog Murphy won't tear it up. It's going to be a perfect way to cool off after Nick works in the barns, I sweat my ass off at workout class or after a grueling day of weeding in the garden!
Speaking of garden....holy crap it's a lot of work. Lots of weeds. Its hard to keep up with, but we try. Nick has already canned some beans and in the next week or two we will be overwhelmed with tomatoes!!! This is when gardening actually becomes fun...when you enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Before I wrap it up I'd like to state how proud I am of my Dad. After being a smoker for many, many years he has made the commitment to quit. Yay! He now uses an electric cigarette and is doing really well with it. I know this is not an easy choice and it is a daily challenge for him, but he can do it and I'm glad he's taken the step to improve his health and hopefully be around to be Papa Larry for many many years!!
Awesome job Dad!
That's awesome he's quitting! Glad you had a good day! If you have too many tomatoes ill take some off your hands!!
ReplyDelete