During the first week of July Lakota and Talen stayed with Mom and Dad for some summer fun. I took off work that Tuesday and we went to Incredible Pizza for a little gaming fun and pizza of course. We had a lot of fun. Lakota beat me in a go-cart race, she and I got our butts kicked in laser tag, Talen and Meemaw played lots of arcade games and we all enjoyed slamming in to each other in our bumper cars. After we wore ourselves out we went home to rest before our evening adventure....THE LION KING.
The kids really enjoyed seeing the musical The Lion King. It was a lot of fun to see their faces light up when the "animals" come down the aisle. Our seats were really great too because a bird was flying right over our heads. Minus a large meltdown by Talen when we had to leave it was a really great night. One that definitely needed to make it in the blog!
Thursday of that week was Independence Day. This is Dad's favorite holiday and his time to shine. Luckily Nick was able to escape chickens for the day so we headed to Inola early that morning. We hung out with the kids all day and Nick smoked a delicious brisket for the family. A big group showed up for food, fireworks and of course Mom's homemade ice cream. Dad put on a really good show and people are still talking about Nick's brisket.
I love getting to hang out with those kiddos, I really wish I could see them more often, but as they get older and busier it gets harder and harder. I'm really excited about this upcoming weekend.....we are taking our annual vacay to a water park. Mom and I are taking the kids to Branson and going to White Water!!! They both are like fish and love the water so I always try to make sure we go somewhere awesome every summer. Small bummer this year since Nick doesn't get to go, damn stupid chickens! He's like and big kid and he likes doing fun things with the kids too. We are going to have a great time though and can't wait for Friday to get here!



Hope you have a blast!
ReplyDelete