Sunday, October 13, 2013

So it's been a while....

Ok, so it's been a while since I posted something on here.  I'm going to be honest....I got an iPad in July and have neglected my computer ever since.  I know I can post a blog from the iPad, but its just not as easy.  So I'll just pretend the past two months were completely uneventful.

A couple of weeks ago Nick and I along with Lakota, Talen, Tristan, Hunter, Mom, Kari and Tracy decided to head to the Tulsa State Fair.  I LOVE going to the fair!  Food, games, weird stuff to look at...I love it!  Of course the only time we could go was the same day it decided to finally rain here in Oklahoma.  It was such a bummer.  It's so fun getting to watch the kids ride the rides and see the excitement on their faces.  Not this year though.  It was so sad, no rides were operating and the kiddos were bummed.  Well Lakota and Tristan were, I'm not sure Hunter wanted to ride and Talen didn't care as long as he had food and a toy.

When we first got there we walked around the large building that has a ton of stuff to look at and for the most part the kids liked it.  Lakota found a lime green mustang that she thought she looked good in and would be perfect for her first car!  The boys found a karate demonstration that was pretty cool.  The demo chick showed them several moves and let them show off their new moves on a giant bouncy thing.  It was hilarious! 
 

We then walked in the rain over to the petting zoo, which was good this year.  Since it was only day three of the fair the animals were very friendly and not completely full.  So the kids, Kari, Mom and I got to feed a deer, goat, wallabe, etc...  Finally we were super hungry and tired of being inside so we said screw it and went out onto the Midway in the rain.  The food consumed by this group included a doughnut burger, giant pretzel, funnel cake, shark on a stick, turkey legs, carmel apples, corn dogs, chocolate dipped cookie dough, fried pickles, cheese on a stick and a bbq parfait.  I'd say we tried just about everything!

The final thing we did is play games on the midway.  Tristan and Hunter tossed rings to win pocket knives.  Talen popped balloons to win a boxing glove from a creepy ass carneyman.  Then all kids tossed ping pong balls into lily pads to win a Minion.  It was fun but the rain was horrible.  I mean look at how much fun Hunter is having!

Regardless of the weather we still had a great time.  I will continue to go to the fair every year, good or bad weather.  I just dred the day that the kids no longer think Aunt Kelli is cool and they don't want to go with me anymore.

Lakota gave her minion to Pig.  It's now her new favorite toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment