Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Cleveland Rocks?

Well I don't know if it rocks as a city, but when you're with a fun friend any place can rock! Work decided to send Amanda and I to Cleveland, OH to learn how to use our new CT simulator. We did a little research prior to our trip and quickly realized that there is not much to do in this city, especially after 5pm (we are in class from 8-4:30 each day). Luckily Amanda is like me and she LOVES food and trying new places. So the first night we made our dinner plans for the week and were set!
We departed Tulsa Monday and experienced flight delays, terrible turbulence and this strange guy who made horse noises as some sort of a tick. It's really hard to explain...just put your lips together and blow air out kind of making your lips flap. Now do that every 10 minutes and you understand what we are dealing with! Even better...he was sitting in the emergency exit row. Seriously NOT qualified.
Landing in Cleveland we discover it is the birthplace of Superman. Who knew!

 
On our first night we planned on going to Little Italy, but was discouraged by hotel staff so instead we took the free shuttle...a limo....to a Latin restaurant. It was really good! Happy hour drinks and a delicious pulled pork and coconut mango rice meal. Really good!





 
On our second night we walked into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, took a few pictures, walked through the gift shop and left. We then decided that in honor of our favorite Brazilian Raquel (friend/coworker) we would eat at Brasa Brazilian Steakhouse. AMAZING!!!! We started with delicious Brazilian cheese bread (which Raquel will make for us one day), then a buffet of salad, rice and cheese appetizers, then the meats began. Servers came by with 13 different types and cuts of meat and most of them were outstanding. After we rolled out of there and back to the hotel room I realized I made it back just in time....new episodes of Duck Dynasty baby! Happy, Happy, Happy.



 
On our final night in Cleveland we decided to try an Italian restaurant and although the calamari was good, the meal was not so great. I make better Italian at home. We topped it all off with a delicious dessert at the hotel. Now I'm laying in my hotel bed so excited that this time tomorrow I will be home. I'm so ready to see Beefcake, Pig and sleep in my own bed!
I still don't think Cleveland rocks, but the people of Cleveland definitely rock. This is the nicest city I've ever visited...seriously friendly people everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment