Sunday, March 3, 2013

I love being an Aunt

Every year my Mom buys tickets for us to go to the Shriner's Circus in Tulsa.  We've been taking Lakota to this circus since she was 3, now she is 9, so we've seen many circus shows.  Yesterday we (Mom, Lakota, Talen, Nick and I) attended our annual Circus show.  This year the Shriner's let us down a little bit.  We always get there early to let the kids get their faces painted, jump in the bouncy balloons and ride a pony, elephant or camel.  They still had some of these things this year, but for some reason it seemed smaller. The whole show seemed smaller.  I still really enjoyed it though.  I think the circus is just amazing.  I love being on the edge of my seat, hoping someone doesn't fall to their death or a tiger doesn't decide to rip the trainer's face off.  What I love most though is spending time with Lakota and Talen and watching their faces during the show.  I love taking pictures of them during the show, but a picture does not fully capture the sheer amazement they have on their faces.
Last year Kota and I rode the elephant, which was really cool.  This year the kids didn't want to ride anything, instead Kota wanted to walk around and get the Clown's autographs and Talen wanted to get his face painted.  So that's what we did!  In the end Kota got her face painted too.

Kota loves, and I mean LOVES zebra print,
so I am not surprised she chose a zebra face

Of course, all boy, Talen chose "The Joker" face

Mom and I are unsure if we will go again next year or if we will search for something new to do with the kiddos.  Not sure yet, we just know it will be fun and hopefully still put the look of amazement on their faces.  It is sad as they get older.  I'm starting to see it with Kota, she is starting to transition from kid to tween, so some things just don't WOW here anymore.   With that being said, I'm pretty sure Kota would join the circus if we let her.  She always comes home and puts on a circus act and usually we have to say "no Kota, we can't do that it's too dangerous".  She is quite fearless and little brother has no problem tagging along.
While we were at the circus Nick received a phone call from his sister Kari.  Her husband had a family emergency and they needed us to watch the boys, Tristan and Hunter.  So after the circus was over we had to fly home and bring the boys to our house.  Tristan and Hunter love playing video games with Nick so that's what we did!  We ended up playing a Cabela's hunting game and I told them I would kick their butts and that's just what Auntie Kelli did! Ha!  I don't think they expected this GIRL to be a good shot, but I am.  We had fun.

This isn't from game night, but here's a
great pic of Hunter and Tristan

We don't get to spend a lot of time with our niece and nephews so it was an awesome weekend to get love and hugs from all, all in one day!  I love being an aunt; spoil 'em, fill 'em with sugar, then send 'em on home! Ha!!  This will come back to bite me one day.  Oh well!

2 comments:

  1. hahaha Love it all! What an awesome Auntie Kelli you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are a great aunt and will be a remarkable mom!

    ReplyDelete