Friday, March 8, 2013

Pre-Anniversary Day

Well our First Anniversary is not until March 24th, but because I believe we will have a new flock of stupid chickens then, I decided Nick and I should have a Pre-Anniversary Day.  Currently Nick is without chickens, this means he does not have to stay close to the homestead and if he does go on a short trip he is not distracted by phone calls from the barns or worried about "what might happen".  This is the perfect time to do just us stuff!
                                                      Almost 1 Year Ago

So what did we do for our Anniversary? 
Well it started off shitty with another fabulous trip to my GYN.  After waiting over an hour to even get called back she once again informed me that I'm too fat to get pregnant.  I asked if she would put me on a medication to help jumpstart my ovulation process and was denied.  She says I need to make a lifestyle change first before assisting with fertility.  I'm sorry, but when you have a disease that makes it difficult for you to 1. lose weight and 2. get pregnant, the solution needs to include a little medicinal motivation.  Like I've said before, I eat mostly healthy and I exercise, obviously that's not working.  She also said I need a dietician and in the next breath told me its not so much about my diet, but more important to exercise.  Do you see my frustration?  Anyway, I left in tears and anger.  (Side note I have an appointment with a new OB/GYN on May 8th.)

After we left there the day instantly got better.  Nick and I had a couples massage at SpaLux.  Great place!  It was a little awkward at first.  Once we stripped down to nothing and put on our robes I realized that I had so far spent most of my day naked.  I mentioned this to Nick and his loving response was "you're such a slut".  So we go into the massage room and these girls were great! So relaxing and peaceful.  I'm sure they thought we were odd because we didn't really talk at all, but at that point we just wanted to enjoy every minute.  Nick says if we would've gone to a Chinese bath house we could've had a "happy ending", but SpaLux is too classy.  He's such a comedian.  So I sort of forgot about the oils and I had to walk around the rest of the day with the greasiest hair ever!!! Holy Crap!  I looked completely white trash, except I have all my teeth!
Now that we were relaxed we decided to eat!!! The Red Lobster Lobsterfest commercial keeps teasing us everyday so we decided Lobster It Is!  Pretty yummy! I know its a chain restaurant, but it was good seafood for Oklahoma.  Also, the people watching opportunity did not let us down!  There were some dandies out and about today that made for some funny comments and looks between Nick and I!

Next comes the letdown...Home and Garden show.  Not good.  I really was hoping they had things to assist with our vegetable garden.  SOOOO not the case.  It was a rip and when they say garden, they mean flowers and shrubbery.  I should've looked that up on the internet before making that trip.  Oh well, now we know!

Now we are home, just chillin' and loving every minute of it!
I love this anniversary!  And I love this man!

This is one of our "first look" pics,
I think he's looking down my dress!

I get this look and

this look, All The Time

                                Most of our honeymoon pics are self portraits

                                                  Sorry ladies, he's taken!

2 comments:

  1. awwww I love it all!!! So glad it was an (overall) great day. Love all the pics in this post ... you so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that last pic of you two. glad you got a chance to celebrate. and btw, i officially hate your obgyn. and fyi, nick is the lucky one!

    ReplyDelete