Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Accountability

I figure if I am going to set goals, resolutions (whatever you want to call them), then I need to make myself accountable in order to stay on track.  So once a week I am making myself give an update....

Make a baby, well we definitely got practice time in so there you go. 

Get fit, I went to the gym Monday, Wednesday, Saturday, and Monday again.  I also stacked wood for Nick on Saturday and Sunday while he chopped away.  I took better lunch options to work and cut down on sweets.  Being good at dinner is still a struggle, but I'm trying to watch my portion control with the bad foods.  So baby steps.  We try not to have pop in our house because all we want to do is drink it, but we had some left over from the holidays, so I've had more pop than I should.  :(
We are doing a weight loss competition at work.  It started the week after Thanksgiving and ends the last week in January.  I prefer my scale at home....I'm naked, I weigh first thing in the morning and it seems to be 3-4 lbs lighter than work!  The Monday after Thanksgiving I weighed in at 181 lbs.  This is the most I've weighed in a while.  What I hate the most about this number is that on my wedding day (March 24, 2012) I weighed 161 lbs.  I realize I lost a lot of weight pre-wedding due to stress, but how the hell I packed on 20 lbs in 8 months is beyond me.  No wonder I feel like a busted can of biscuits!!!  Holy crap!  I'm carrying around the equivalent of a small child everyday! Anyway, I weighed in Wednesday, January 9th and am down to
177 lbs.  Like I said, baby steps.

Eliminate debt, I'm going to add to this a little.  Not only do I want to eliminate debt, but I want to be more aware of our finances and find ways we can save money.  So last week I decided to run a credit check on both Nick and myself and I was pleasantly surprised.  We both have great credit scores and no fraudulent activity at this time.  I just hope we never do!  Also, I have decided we will attempt to do our own taxes this year.  This could get interesting....I hate taxes!

Cooking, Last week I attempted 2 new recipes.  One was a major success and the other was not necessarily a fail, but a "I'll give it a second chance" kind of meal. 

Success = Paula Deen's Easy Crock Pot Potato Soup

Made this on a cold Saturday after Nick and I had been outside for a while cutting wood and it was perfect! We both loved it.  Next time I will try to add cubed ham to the mix just to add meat for my man.

Ingredients:
          1 (30 oz.) bag frozen hash-brown potatoes
          2 (14 oz.) cans chicken broth
          1 (10.75 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
          1/2c chopped onion
          1/3 tsp. ground black pepper
          1 (8oz) package cream cheese (softened)

Directions:
1. In a slow cooker, combine potatoes, broth, soup, onion, and pepper.
2. Cover, and cook on low for 5 hours.
3. Stir in cream cheese, cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until combined.
Then enjoy!!! 
(courtesy of worthyoftheprize.com)

The other meal I am not going to write about.  If it turns out better the second time around then it will be worthy of discussion.  Also, in the future I will remember to take a picture of successful meals.  It makes for a more interesting blog page!

No comments:

Post a Comment