Tuesday, January 15, 2013

You can't fix stupid

I'm not kidding, you can't fix stupid.  Yes I think people have the ability to learn new things, but just because you learn something new and you were trained or read a book on how to do it does not make you any smarter.  I think there is so much more than being 'book smart'.  If you don't have some common sense or some forethought to help you make it through a situation then I don't think you can be fixed. 

Now don't get me wrong, I am NOT the smartest person in the world and yes I do have my moments.  However, I do think I try to minimize these moments and learn from the dumb ass mistakes I do make.  For example, one day I stood at the Navy Pier in Chicago looking out into this body of water and I loudly exclaimed "well which ocean is this?".  Seriously, I made an A in geography, I knew damn good and well it was Lake Michigan, but I just had a moment.  Or the time Nick and I were out to eat at an Italian restaurant, the waitress told us the salad dressings available in which ranch was not included and in my hickest voice possible I said, "you ain't got no ranch".  I am not even kidding!! I thought Nick was going to crawl under the table!  Those are a few of my stupid moments (there are more I'm sure).  I can look back and make fun of myself for them, but also learn from them.

I go through most of life forgetting to filter some of my thoughts, so on occasion I have a tendency to point out one's stupidity.  Comedian Bill Engvall was great at this with his "Here's your sign" skit.  Brilliant!!  One day in the dorm at OSU I was in the elevator with a basket full of laundry to take downstairs to the laundromat and a girl asks me "doing your laundry", without filter I say "nope, just riding up and down the elevator trying to air my clothes out".  Or the time I went to a musical with the Ya-Ya's (my mom and her friends Lisa and Barbara), we were in the car, I drive up to the parking garage attendant so he can open the gate for us and he says "going to the play tonight?", without filter I say "nope we just like to sit and check out parking garages."  These are just a few examples, but seriously, did I not do this man a favor?  I saved him from asking this stupid question all night.  People would've thought he was a fool!

You may wonder why I am going on and on about stupidity and lets face it, I probably sound like a bitch, but I don't care.  I deal with stupidity everyday.  I see things that others say and do on a daily basis that just makes me want to pull my hair out!!! And I love my hair, so you know it must be really bad.  Honestly, if you've been at your job for several years and you still have to ask how to do it...move on.

Okay I'm wrapping up.  I just want to say how thankful I am that God made me brilliant, funny and beautiful.  I don't even care that I'm chubby, because I can fix chubby, but you can't fix stupid.

One more thing....if you ever get the urge to shop in Vinita, don't.  Your welcome, I just saved your sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment