Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Bring on 2013!

Well it looks like the beginning of another year. Guess that means it is time for a little reflection on last year and thoughts for the new year.
2012 had to be the best year of my life....Nick and I got married in March!  I'd say that itself makes for an amazing year that will be tough to beat...but here are some hopes for the new year.

1.  Make a baby.  This one is in God's hands and I will do my best to do as everyone tells me and just relax and let it happen.  I think Nick and I will be amazing parents and I know God will let us have a child when the timing is right.  In the mean time it looks like we will live by the motto "practice makes perfect!"

2.  Get fit.  Most years I say lose weight, but that is not the focus for me now.  Yes the number on the scale makes a difference, but what is more important to Nick and I is health and fitness.  Nick likes to challenge himself with weights and I with cardio.  So I am making a commitment to hit the gym 4-5 times per week and eat better (more fruits, veggies, whole grains and portion control).  Nick already works out 6 days a week, wish I had that kind of motivation....but that's what this is for right? motivation.  I know weight will come off, but I have no set weight to get to in the end.  I want to feel good again, toned and slimmer like I was on my wedding day and feeling like I'm working hard in the gym.  The main reason I'm not focusing on the scale goes back to #1, if I get preggo the scale number will obviously go up but I can still stay on track to GET FIT and not worry so much about a number.

3.  Eliminate Debt.  We are already on track for this one. (I am the person who puts things on a to-do list that are already done just so I can check them off) I am mainly focused on credit card debt.  Credit cards got the best of me in my 20's, but consider it a lesson learned and now I'm moving on.  I have one card left to pay off and according to my calculations the balance will be zero in April.  Then we will tackle the next biggest debt/interest rate on the list.  Just taking it one step at a time!

4.  Cooking.  I get tired of making the same meals over and over every week, so I would like to challenge myself to at least 4 new recipes per month.  This may not seem like much, but I work full time, want to hit the gym often, commute an hour to work each day and my husband cooks too, so for me 4 new recipes seems legit.  I am obsessed with Pinterest so I am sure most will come from there. 

I think that's enough.  I don't want to be unrealistic with my to-do list.  Obviously as the year goes on I will have new challenges that could probably add to the list, but for now this is a good start.  Well good luck to me and if someone is reading this, good luck to you and your achievements in 2013!!

No comments:

Post a Comment