Saturday, January 5, 2013

Let me introduce Lucille...aka PIG

As I've stated before, I commute 1 hour to work everyday.  This means Monday through Friday I am awake around 4:30/5:00 am.  So when the weekend rolls around I look forward to sleeping in and getting just a few more hours of shut-eye.  I really wanted to sleep late today because we had a busy week at work and next week will be long hours again, so I feel I need to store up some sleep.  With that said, let me introduce Lucille.

This is our 2 1/2 year-old English Bulldog.  Her given name is Lucille, she also responds to Pig, Piggy, Piggy Sue, Chubby, Fat Girl and Princess.  She is the best dog I've ever had and is entertainment for hours.  Nick's Auntie Joni rescued her from a not so nice breeding place, she was aweful, bloated, wormy, back legs didn't work so well and she didn't control her bowels very well.  Almost a lost cause, but Nick is a softy and he saw her potential so we took her with us when we moved in together.  I am so thankful Nick gave her a chance.  He worked very hard with her and we can't imagine life without her.

So let me go back to this morning....I'm sleeping peacefully past 8 am (yay!), then I hear the bedroom door slam open, and chubby little feet prancing to my side of the bed.  This is followed by grunting that turns into a pissed off growl and a bark to tell me to get my ass out of bed.  I pet her head a bit, then told her to go away.  She left, then 10 minutes later I received another growl and bark!!! Little pain in the ass!  So I got out of bed and apparently it was play time because she started chasing me and attacking my feet, harassing me with her buffalo toy.  Of course Nick just encourages her (he's no help!) 

Anyway, now I'm out of bed, cleaning the kitchen, taking down Christmas decorations, starting dinner in the crock pot, getting ready to hit the gym then cut wood with my lumberjack husband and what is Piggy doing.....you guessed it!  She is sleeping and snoring loudly in her bed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment