Saturday, January 26, 2013

Life should be a musical

If you know me you know that I LOVE musicals and I wish life were more like a musical.  How fun would it be each day to go walking through life then all of a sudden, boom! you and everyone around you is singing and dancing?  Everyone knows the song and dance moves and you're just having a great time.  I think this world would be a better place.  However, I would only want it to be like the happy ending musicals.  I say this because Wednesday I went to the Tulsa PAC with mom, Amanda and Billie to watch Jekyll and Hyde.  Spoiler Alert....not a happy ending, evil wins and he dies.

We had a great time, went out to Olive Garden first and had a pretty good meal served by a waitress who sounded like she grew up in Munchkin Land. We had good conversation then headed to the musical.  I knew the basic idea of Jekyll and Hyde but not the details.  It was a decent play with lots of special effects none of us have ever seen on stage before which was really amazing.  It was a dark story that kept your attention, but I didn't have that same feel good feeling when I walked out the door.  Usually after going to the PAC I come out singing the songs and wanting more.  Not this time.  I had fun with the girls and am glad I can say I saw something different, but next time I want the feel good moment. 
On an upbeat note, we received the list for next season and I'm really excited....Chicago and White Christmas are coming to town!!! I seriously hope they make it snow inside.  It would be so awesome!

As for the rest of the week, again it seemed busy at work and I was pretty tired all week.  I'm just going to be honest, it was a bad health week.  One workout and not so healthy food.  My weight went back up to 177 so wa-wa.  I think I could have maintained the 175 or even lost if I just went to the gym.  I do pretty good with breakfast and lunch, its just that damn sweet tooth that is really getting in my way! So time to refocus. I plan on getting some rest this weekend so I can go into the week energized! 

Speaking of sweet tooth, I made a picture worthy dessert this week.  White Chocolate S'mores Gooey Cake Bars.  Holy crap they're delicious!  We had some friends over for dinner Friday night.  Nick cooked brisket, they brought the potato salad and I made the beans and dessert.  It was a really great meal.  Made me think of summertime really.  I made this dessert on the fly and had to improvise a little because I forgot to buy the cake mix, but with a little flour, sugar, salt and baking powder I made it work!  So if you love s'mores and white chocolate this dish is for you.



1 box yellow cake mix
1 egg
1 stick of softened butter
4 1/2 full Graham crackers
10 oz bag of white chocolate chips
2 cups of mini marshmallows
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk

Add the cake mix, egg and butter to a bowl and mix together with your hands.  It will seem really dry and hard to mix, but keep squishing it together until you get a moist dough.  Press HALF of the dough into an 8x8 greased baking dish.  (this recipe said to line dish with foil and then grease, I don't do that crap...just grease the damn dish liberally and move on)

On the dough, lay out one layer of graham crackers evenly across the dish.  Evenly pour the white chocolate chips over the graham crackers.  Now add the mini marshmallows.  Press the remaining half of the dough on top of the marshmallows (this is a little tricky and not precise, just try to cover as much as you can)  Pour the 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk over the top.  Place in a 350 degree preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown on top.

This will grow!! So I put a cookie sheet on the rack below just in case it spilled over.  When it is done, take out and let cool completely.  It was really good once it cooled a little, but even better and easier to handle the next day!!! So good, yum!

                             (It looks like a mess, but I swear it is delicious!)

No comments:

Post a Comment