Friday, January 18, 2013

Weekly check-in

Man this was a crazy week at work!!  We have a lot of upgrades and changes taking place currently and I feel like we are constantly going, no time to slow down.  I actually hate weeks like this. Yes time seems to go by faster, but I feel like we are herding these patients through like cattle.  It takes away from the best part of my job which is chatting with the ladies and flirting with old men.  Thank goodness it is starting to slow down.

So I've thought about how I said I will be "accountable" every week with my new year's resolutions, but I think that may start to get a little redundant.  For myself I am still going to list fitness and weight loss for the week and new cooking.  This makes me stay on track.  However, I feel like I may be saying the same thing over and over again in regards to making a baby and finances.  So I will most likely only discuss them when new things develop.  In the meantime you can just assume Nick and I are having sex on the reg (as in regular) and we're paying our bills yo!

One new thing about baby making is that I am trying out an ovulation kit.  This was suggested by a friend of mine so I'm going to try it out.  To be honest, I have the fear that I'm not ovulating because maybe I'm too old or something.  She's says I'm crazy, which is likely a true assessment.  I'm a big worrier, got that from my Gramma, so basically I'm going to pee on a stick everyday for a week and see what the magic pink line in the window says!

Since work was busy and I was exhausted I bailed on the gym this week.  Only went twice...boo.  However I am down 2 more pounds!  Current weight 175 lbs.

The best part of the week:  Mom and Dad came over for dinner!!! Love hanging out with them and getting to cook a meal for them.  So the meal was chaotic!!  There were a lot more steps to each meal item than I expected so as soon as mom walked in the door I put her to work.
I made PW's Marlboro Man Sandwich and Mac and Cheese.  We also had a loaded baked potato and chocolate chip cookie bar with chocolate chip cookie dough frosting.
This was not a healthy meal at all, but I have meat and potato boys I'm feeding here and my mom and I have a sweet tooth, so I wanted it to be a good meal everyone would enjoy. 
I've made the sandwich before and it is delicious and easy to make.  I make it a little spicy; maybe a little too spicy for mom.  The mac and cheese was a let down.  I thought it would be creamier so I may have done something wrong.  I definitely would half or quarter this recipe.  I sent a tub of it home with mom and dad and I'm sure we will be eating it until Spring!  The dessert did not turn out like I had hoped either.  I've never tried this recipe before. I'm sure it is good, but something went wrong.  Even though the cookie part appeared cooked, it seemed very doughy.  It said to put it in an 8x8 pan, which I did, but if I were to make it again I would use an 11x9 and hope it would seem more like a cookie than cookie dough.  I also didn't think the frosting tasted like cookie dough.  It tasted like powdered sugar with chocolate chips in it.
So yes I attempted new recipes this week, unfortunately they were fails.  Fails do not get pictures, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment