Saturday, January 12, 2013

Cold, do nothing day

It's Saturday, January 13th and we have done absolutely nothing today.  A little cleaning and rearranging, but other than that nothing.  It's one of those days when you are pretty much stuck inside.  The weather is a little nasty.  The morning started off in the 40's and it steadily dropped all day.  It also started raining and sleeting and now the ice is starting to build on everything.  It's actually not that bad.  I really would like one good dumping of snow this winter.
It made me think about winters we've had in the past.  So since I was already on the computer I decided to look through old photos and I found these.  Two years ago in late January/early February of 2011 Northeast Oklahoma had a total of 3 feet of snow blanketing our fields.


I'm not sure if it was 3 feet everywhere, but it was at our house.  And it was our new house.  We had just moved in together and had our house delivered (that's right, you heard me, my house came in on wheels, we are trailer royalty baby) right before the big snow storm.  There was a little bit of snow before the trailer arrived and then the second week I started commuting to work we received 3 feet!! Crazy!!  But oh so beautiful.  I love the snow.  Love playing in it, looking at it and eating it (just not the yellow snow).  I just wish it would stay off the roads!

No comments:

Post a Comment